Communication officer for the Collective Impact Project
Deadline for applications: March 29 at 5 p.m.
The Peter-McGill Community Council is currently looking for a communications officer for a collective urban planning project : the Collective Impact Project (CIP).
The CIP is a new project, funded by Centraide for the next 5 years, which the Peter-McGill Community Council is launching this year in collaboration with several local partners. The project aims to mobilize the community in order to support the development of community facilities and services that will help improve the quality of life of downtown Montreal residents.
In collaboration with the team dedicated to the project, and reporting to the Peter-McGill Community Council, the candidate’s mandate will be to manage the communications and promotion for the CIP.
- Develop a communications plan
- Implement effective internal communication tools
- Create promotional tools to reach the population : posters, flyers, guides, etc.
- Manage website content dedicated to the CIP
- Ensure the promotion of residents’ and local groups’ points of views in the press and social media
- Translate tools in both languages (French and English)
- Consult and collaborate with neighborhood residents
- University degree in communication, or related subject
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Bilingualism required (oral and written – English and French)
- Strong computer skills : Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (optional), Microsoft Office
- Good skills with communication tools and platforms (WordPress, social media, etc.)
- Ability to adapt communication tools to different audiences
- Ability to convey information with visual materials
- Good skills in developing relations with the media
- Ability to summarize and make information accessible, in French and English
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and autonomy
- Ability to work with a multi-sectoral network
- Excellent written, analytical and drafting skills
- Great flexibility and ability to react within a short timeframe
- Understanding of the neighborhood’s local dynamics (an asset)
- Understanding of issues related to urban planning in the Peter-McGill neighborhood (asset)
- 14 hours per week, one-year renewable contract
- Hourly rate of $20 / hour
- Occasional availability on evenings and weekends
Please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter by March 29th 2017 at 17:00, to the attention of the Selection Committee by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to “Communication Officer Application”. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.