* Stay tuned this fall for the 2012 schedule*
During the summer of 2011, Peter-McGill Community Council organised six walks in the neighborhood, six opportunities for residents to meet, rediscover the streets, parks and buildings forming their immediate environment, discuss their concerns, projects and ideas, what they like and what they hope will change in the neighborhood.
FOR WHOM ?
Families, workers, youth, seniors, newcomers and the curious!
90 minute walks in the neighborhood, addressing themes that are specific to the Peter-McGill district and lead by knowledgeable guides.
On Fridays the group will meet at 5:00pm. See schedule below for dates.
Leaving from Cabot Square
- To promote the feeling of belonging in the Peter-McGill neighborhood
- To create an occasion for friendly exchanges between individuals
- To acquaint citizens with the services and resources of the neighborhood
- To improve the quality of life of the residents
- To promote a healthy lifestyle.
CALENDAR AND THEMES:
July 15th : The Mount Royal’s Footpaths
July 22nd : From the Pepsi Forum to the Bell Centre
July 29th : Architectural Gems of the District
August 12th : Greening the Concrete Jungle
August 19th: Where do the Families Go?
August 26th : Roommates: Students and the Community