The Peter-McGill Citizen’s Journal is looking for candidates for the intern position of Publications Manager.
The Citizen’s Journal is a co-operative journal that strives to promote the voices and opinions of the residents of Peter-McGill in the Ville-Marie borough.
This Journal is open to all residents and friends of the neighbourhood and accepts multimedia forms of publication.
Description of the position:
The Publications Manager will be in charge of receiving submissions, editing and accepting submissions as well as publication of said submissions on our various platforms.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive and manage submissions (communicating with Citizen Journalists, editing submissions, publishing submissions on social media)
- Develop calls for submissions
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy
- Develop branding, logo and aesthetic
- Manage social media
Qualities/skills/expertise we are looking for:
- Bilingual (ability to read and edit submissions in French and English, ability to communicate with Journalists in French or English)
- Passion for local issues, advocacy and community wellbeing
- Experience with/openness to learning how to use Canva and Adobe Illustrator
- Comfort and moderate skills with graphic design (ability to render submissions aesthetically pleasing through graphics and visuals)
- Creativity (ability to think of creative ways to reach residents and of presenting publications)
- Ability to work independently and ask for help when needed
Duration of the position: October 1st – December 30th, approximately 12 hours a month (flexible)
Supervision: Viviane Cottle, Youth and Community Project Manager (Carrefour Jeunesse-Emploi Downtown Montreal)
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and letter of interest to Viviane Cottle at firstname.lastname@example.org