Important notice: This position is financed by EMPLOI-QUÉBEC. Candidates must be eligible for this employment program to apply. Find out more about the program here.
Are you a dynamic and positive person with great team spirit? Do you want to contribute to the effective operation of our organisation, as well as to the vitality of the western downtown neighbourhood of Peter-McGill?
The Peter-McGill Community Council would like to meet you!
Our mission is to bring together the different key players of the district in order to encourage a sense of belonging to the area, as well as foster active participation in neighbourhood life.
In order to develop our projects and activities, the Council is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and general e-mail inquiries
- Schedule and prepare for meetings
- Take meeting minutes
- Help organise the office
- Regularly update our member database
- Publish content on the website in preparation for the monthly online community newsletter
- Format documents
- Data entry and basic research for special projects
- Assist the Director and other staff members with tasks as needed
Support for events
- Assist the Project Manager in planning and promoting events and neighbourhood assemblies, including booking venues, distributing posters etc…
- Create Facebook events and posts
- Help recruit volunteers
- Represent the organisation occasionally at external events
- High school diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly organized and punctual
- Communications knowledge considered an asset (Facebook, Mailing Lists, WordPress)
- Fluency in French and excellent understanding of English. Fluent Bilingualism considered an asset
- Knowledge of the community sector and/or the Peter-McGill district considered an asset
- 30 hours per week
- Occasional evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter by August 25, 2019 by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ” Administrative Assistant Application”.