Working closely with the community, Carrefour Jeunesse-emploi Montréal Centre-Ville helps youth aged 16 to 35, located temporarily or permanently in downtown Montreal. We provide them with motivation and support in their education, professional, creative and entrepreneurial projects to enable them to access the job market in Montreal and elsewhere.
Le Carrefour jeunesse-emploi (CJE) Montréal Centre-Ville is seeking a
Mobilization Officer – Field Worker
The successful candidate will work with diverse populations in the Peter-McGill district in the Ville-Marie Borough, with a view to increasing the citizens’ participation in urban and social development issues.
The applicant’s duties are part of the project: Mon Peter McGill / My Peter McGill, the mandate of which is to give a voice to everyone on issues such as developing green spaces, supporting the community centre and social and affordable housing, establishing an elementary school in the neighbourhood and urban planning.
The candidate hired will also work to energize the associational life of the Carrefour jeunesse-emploi and develop strategies to support young people’s civic participation.
Overview of responsibilities :
- Update strategies to reach citizens in the Peter-McGill neighbourhood in the field (apartment buildings, local businesses, neighbourhood festivals, universities, etc.);
- Mobilize citizens to maximize their participation in the project’s various activities;
- Expand the existing mobilization sites currently available to Mon Peter McGill / My Peter McGill;
- Accompany citizens in places for civic expression – borough council meetings, public consultations, etc;
- Support the community development officer and project manager in preparing mobilization and consultation events and activities;
- Participate in Mon Peter McGill / My Peter McGill team meetings;
- Compile data and statistics related to mobilization;
- Put the Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Montréal Centre-Ville plan into action concerning young people’s participation as citizens in the associational life of the organization.
Profile sought :
- Experience in community development, intervention, community work and/or mobilization or other relevant experience;
- Dynamic and extroverted personality;
- French and English bilingualism required, other languages would be an asset;
- Ability to work with several types of clientele (young people, adults, elderly, persons, marginalized persons, immigrants, etc.);
- Ability to organize and lead activities;
- Flexibility, versatility and independence;
- Knowledge of the Peter McGill neighbourhood would be an asset.
- Position: Full time (35 hrs / week);
- Schedule: Variable, weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Salary: According to the policy in force;
- Social benefits: VRSP with employer’s contribution and group insurance after 3 months.
Send your C.V. and presentation letter by May 15, 2019 at noon, indicating the title of the position
c/o: Selection Committee
CJE Montréal Centre-Ville
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.