Working as part of the Peter-McGill Community Council, the candidate will support collective work in the downtown area relating to food security, services to seniors and cohabitation. The Liaison Officer will also play a key role in developing our member base through mobilisation, partnerships and communication. They will be an important member at the heart of a diverse and dynamic team.
Our mission is to bring together the different members of downtown Montréal (residents, orgnaisations, institutions and businesses) to create collective projects that cultivate a sense of belonging and foster active participation in neighbourhood life.
- Organiseand facilitate committee meetings between committee partners (via Zoom until futher notice);
- Providelogistical and administrative support in the delivery et implementation of action plans.
- Contribute to the development of community projects and activities.
- Mobilisecommunity partners and foster new partnerships.
- Coordinateand maintain communication with and between partners.
- Manage and send the monthly newsletter.
- Develop the Community Council’s membership base through the creation of new tools, coordination of member campaigns and regular outreach to current members.
- Support the Communications Officer in activities that promote the organisation to the public including flyer and poster distribution and social media management.
- Bachelor’sdegree in social sciences or communications, or other relevant education/training or 1-2 years of experience in coordination or other similar position
- An excellent command of the French language, bothwritten and spoken, is required. Good written and spoken communication skills in English is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of issues relating to food security, service provision to seniors and/or cohabitation.
- Understanding of the dynamicsof collective work and knowledge of the community sector
- Strong communication skillsand an ability to identify the commonalities of diverging points of
- Autonomous, ability to adapt and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of WordPress and MailPoet considered an asset.
- 35 hoursper week, for a one-year contract.
- Hourlyrate between43$ and 19.54$ according to the organization’s salary scale
- Remotework until further notice; possibility to go back to the office progressively depending on the evolution of public health measures.
Please email your CV and a cover letter by February 24th, 2021 to email@example.com with the subject line “Liaison Officer”.