Supporting organisation: Groupe Harmonie
At the onset of the pandemic, Groupe Harmonie began to adjust its service offer to comply with government guidelines on physical distancing while meeting its mission and the objectives of community outreach and intervention projects.
In collaboration and with the support of the neighbourhood’s senior partner organizations, an outreach and deconfinement project was developed and requests for services are increasing. Groupe Harmonie has received funding from Centraide to continue these activities, with vulnerable seniors in the Peter McGill neighbourhood until September 30th with the addition of an information newsletter and summer activities.
We are currently looking for a project coordinator to help us carry out the summer activities, in particular: the continuity of outreach efforts- especially during the heat waves, the implementation and realization of summer activities, the evaluation and development of tools for a follow-up in the fall/winter and the writing of the final report.
TASKS – In collaboration and with the support of the neighbourhood’s senior partner organizations
- Development and implementation of an action plan to meet the project’s mission
- Development and evaluation of tools
- Administration of summer activities
- Identification and adaptation to risks
- Develop an action plan for the implementation of a digital literacy program – Evaluate the work done and report with recommendations
- All other related tasks.
- Experience in project administration
- Experience in working with seniors
- Ability to work independently while under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Critical thinker with an ability to take initiative
- Sensitivity and involvement with vulnerable communities
- Ease of working and mobilizing partners from several networks – Knowledge of Peter McGill’s community resources
- French/English, other languages an asset.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
- 28 hours a week, variable schedule : $22.00/hour.
- Cell phone plan & transportation
- 12-week contract, with possibility of extension.
Position open to diversity.
Send your resume with a cover letter: email@example.com
Deadline for application: July 13, 2020, at 9 a.m.
Interviews will take place on July 15th & 16th, time to be confirmed
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.