JOB OFFER: Administrative Assistant
(Part-time, temporary contract with potential extension)
The Afghan Women’s Centre of Montreal (AWCM) is a non-profit organization located in
downtown Montreal. We work with immigrant women on an individual and collective basis to
help empower them to participate fully in their communities, discover their place in society,
break isolation and find the best ways to meet their needs, both economically and socially. We
provide a range of services and activities catered to the needs of our community. Our
organization aims to give its members a sense of belonging, a safe space where their voices and
expression are welcome and give them hope for a better future in Quebec.
AWCM is looking to hire a part-time administrative assistant for 5 hours per week to work in
our office downtown (near Guy-Concordia Metro Station). We offer a 3-month contract
beginning immediately, with the potential for contract renewal. The position pays $15 per hour.
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- Experience working in community sector an asset
- Experience in office administration as asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Provide general administrative support for projects and communications for the
organization (e.g. answering phones and emails, note taking at meetings, updating
internal and official documents)
- Help to organize meetings and events including booking meeting space, corresponding
with attendees and promotion, taking minutes, etc.
- Update website and social media as needed
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.