Are you an action oriented person who is passionate about social development? Do you want to accompany and mobilize residents in their civic engagement? Join our amazing team to make a difference in downtown Montreal.
This poste comprises two mandates; 28 hours on the My Peter-McGill project and 7 hours specific to Carrefour Jeunesse-Emploi Montréal downtown.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Mobilize residents on the creation and beautification of green space in the neighbourhood
- Advocate for affordable, social and familial housing
- Accompany residents in places of civic expression (borough council, public consultations, etc.)
- Support Peter-McGill Community Council projects
- Support Carrefour Jeunesse-Emploi volunteer projects
Ideal profile includes:
- Experience in mobilization, civic particiaption and advocacy
- Expertise in housing and/or green/public space
- Bilingual (French and English), other languages are an asset
- Someone who brings people together and capacity to reach residents in the spaces they frequent
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
CJE Downtown Montreal offers a dynamic work environment that combines fun, a good atmosphere, and a flexible schedule. We offer a salary of 20.32$ per hour (35 hrs/week) as well as insurance, a retirement plan and the possibility of working from home.
C.V. and cover letter are due by November 18th, 2021.
Attention to Comité de sélection