The Cultural Roulant Project Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the Yellow Door’s Cultural Roulant service, which deliveries items such as library books, games and art kits to home bound or self-isolating seniors. The Cultural Roulant Project Coordinator works under the supervision of the Executive Director and Wellness Group Program Coordinator, and in conjunction with other staff, interns, and volunteers. The YD Cultural Roulant Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Collecting and managing inventory of all roulant items; keeping detailed records of all roulant participants; adding new participants as needed
- Brainstorming creative ideas for new items too add to the inventory of items; Ordering and sourcing new/replacement items as needed
- Actively communicating with senior participants (in person/on the phone) about their needs and interests for the project
- Maintaining existing relationships and creating new community partners
- Tracking all relevant data for reporting purposes
- Working with the Program Coordinator and Executive Director to grow and expand the project
- Working with community partners and volunteers to ensure deliveries are carried out at the correct time and day each month
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Communicating with senior participants about the delivery schedule
- Picking up items from Atwater Library for delivery; driving volunteers to complete deliveries (when needed); collecting old items from project participants
- Storing and organizing all items for delivery, including backpacks for volunteers that include COVID health & safety materials
- Ensuring that all COVID health & safety protocols are followed by volunteers and participants
- CEGEP diploma or an undergraduate degree in a related discipline, e.g. gerontology, social services, non-profit management, office management, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and French.
- Excellent organizational skills, managing multiple tasks and prioritization; experience working with volunteers, seniors and/or marginalized groups an asset.
- Must be located in Montreal and available to work at the YD office.
- Driver’s licence mandatory.
This position is temporary; the current contract is for 6-months with the option to renew (dependant on funding) and part-time, 10 hours per week (with some remote work and in-person work). The hourly rate is set at $17.50 per hour.
Please forward a short (<1 page) cover letter and your resume to the attention of the Yellow Door Executive Director, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Deadline: Rolling, we will review applications as they are submitted